Tax Year 2012
| GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
WHO MUST PAY ESTIMATED TAXES?
According to the state of Indiana, you have to pay estimated taxes if you expect to have income during the 2012 tax year that:
* Will not have Indiana tax withheld, or
* If you think the amount withheld will not be enough to pay your tax liability, and
* You expect to owe more than $1,000 when you file your tax return, then you should pay estimated tax.
PAYMENT DUE DATES
April 17, 2012
June 15, 2012
Sept. 17, 2012
2 OPTIONS TO MAKE PAYMENTS
1. Fill out Form ES-40 (PDF) and mail your payment to:
Indiana Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 6102
Indianapolis, IN 46206-6102
2. You also have the option of making a payment online through the Indiana Department of Revenue website. To pay by using your American Express Card, Discover Card, MasterCard or VISA, call 1-800- 2-PAY TAX (1-800-272-9829). A convenience fee will be charged by the credit card processor based on the amount you are paying. You will be told what the fee is and you will have the option to either cancel or continue the credit card transaction.
Note: Do Not mail Form ES-40 if paying by credit card or eCheck.
WHERE TO GET MORE INFORMATION
Read to Form ES-40 (PDF) or Indiana Information Bulletin #3, or
visit the State of Indiana Department of Revenue website.